The Bangor Area Challenge for Charities event offers something for people of all ages, interests and abilities.
- Walk: 1K, 5K, 10K
- Run: 5K, 10K and Half Marathon
- Bicycle Ride: 30, 60 & 100 miles
- Motorcycle Ride: 60 miles
- Virtual Participant: Can’t make it to the event? Raise funds remotely.
- Volunteer: There are many opportunities to volunteer before, during, and after the event.
Date of Event: Saturday, June 30th
Location (Start & End): Jeff’s Catering – 15 Littlefield Way, Brewer
Registration fees –
Early Registration Cost:
- Walk – Youth $25, Adult $35
- Run – Youth $25, Adult $35
- Cyclist – Youth $50, Adult $75
- Motorcyclist – Adult Only $35
- Virtual – Youth $15, Adult $25
Late Registration Cost:
- Walk – Youth $35, Adult $45
- Run – Youth $35, Adult $45
- Cyclist – Youth $60, Adult $85
- Motorcyclist – Adult Only $45
- Virtual – Youth $15, Adult $25
Registering as either a participant or volunteer is really easy. Click a button below to learn more.
Support the Event, Support the Community.
Proudly brought to you by:
You Can Fundraise Like a Champion:
While not mandatory, every participant is encouraged to fundraise beyond the registration cost. After registering you will have access to set up a personal fundraising page for the event. Optionally at the bottom of this page there is a printable fundraising form. Be sure to share your story and who your favorite non profit is. Fundraising to gain extra votes has never been easier. For each additional $25 raised beyond the registration fee earns you another vote for your nonprofit!
About The Event:
The Bangor Area Challenge for Charities is an event where no matter what road you take, you will be joined by hundreds of people from around Maine who have the same passion as you do. To have an enjoyable time, achieve some athletic feats and to help their favorite nonprofit get the most votes!
This event is the brainchild of the Rotary Club of Bangor Breakfast. They wanted a fun summertime event where walkers, runners, cyclists and motorcyclist alike can have fun doing what they love. There are 5 grand cash prizes available to the winning nonprofits. All nonprofits who get a minimum of 50 votes will automatically get $500. Any Maine nonprofit can participate.
Additional BBQ Lunches & Entertainment:
If you’re bringing your family and friends to the event, but they aren’t registered to participate – they can still eat BBQ! Attendees are encouraged to pre-register & pay for their lunches in advance. $15/each meal. Sign up here.
We’ve lined up Phat Chicken DJ & Riff Johnson for the day! Come be entertained while you eat, drink and boogie the day away.
Limited Participation Medals (walkers, runners & cyclists):
The first 500 walkers, runners & cyclists who register for the event, get a free custom one of a kind participation medal!
Limited Custom Pins for Motorcyclists:
The first 150 motorcyclists who register for the event, get a free custom one of a kind pin! Get yours while the getting is good.
- Early registration ends on June 1st at midnight
- Online registration ends at 5 pm on Friday, June 29th
- In person, registration is open the day of the event from 6 to 8 am. Please note the start times of the routes.
Swag Bag (Packet) Pickup:
Packet pick up is how you receive your bib #, t-shirt, and other materials before event day. Any money you’ve raised can be turned in at that time. Turning in donations beforehand is encouraged in order to alleviate any wait time on event day. Registration is also available during these time.
- Wednesday, June 27th from 10 am to 5 pm – Links Web Design, 735 Main St., Bangor
- Thursday, June 28th from 10 am to 5 pm – Links Web Design, 735 Main St., Bangor
- Friday, June 29th from 10 am to 5 pm – Links Web Design, 735 Main St., Bangor
- Saturday, June 30th from 6 to 8 am – Jeff’s Catering, 15 Littlefield Way, Brewer
Event Day Schedule:
- 1K (.7 miles) -11:00 am
- 5K (3.5 miles) -10:10 am
- 10K (6 miles) – 9:40 am
- 5K (3.5 miles) -10:00 am
- 10K (6 miles) – 9:30 am
- Half marathon (13 miles) – 9:00 am
- 103.4 miles – 6:30 am (must be finished by 1:45 pm to receive lunch.)
- 62.3 miles – 7:00 am (must be finished by 1:45 pm to receive lunch.)
- 30.1 miles – 8:30 am
- 62.3 miles – 10:30 am
Safety information can be found on each of the individual pages.
Your safety and enjoyment are our priority. In case of an emergency, please call the Event Safety number listed within the event packet or call 911.
There are about 162 lined parking spaces. There are 63 grass area parking spaces. There is also parking along the entry point to Jeff’s Catering and the local businesses which are closed can accommodate even more.