The Bangor Area Challenge for Charities event offers something for people of all ages, interests and abilities.
- Walk: 1K, 5K, 10K
- Run: 5K, 10K and Half Marathon
- Bicycle Ride: 30, 60 & 100 miles
- Motorcycle Ride: 60 miles
- Virtual Participant: Can’t make it to the event? Raise funds remotely.
- Volunteer: There are many opportunities to volunteer before, during, and after the event.
Date of Event: Saturday, June 30th
Location (Start & End): Jeff’s Catering – 15 Littlefield Way, Brewer
Registration fees –
Early Registration Cost (the last day to get an event t-shirt included with your registration is June 9th):
- Walk – Youth $25, Adult $35
- Run – Youth $25, Adult $35
- Cyclist – Youth $50, Adult $75
- Motorcyclist – Adult Only $35
- Virtual – Youth $15, Adult $25
Registering as either a participant or volunteer is really easy. Click a button below to learn more.
Event Day Schedule:
- 1K (0.72 miles) -11:00 am
- 5K (3.51 miles) -10:10 am
- 10K (6.37 miles) – 9:40 am
- 5K (3.51 miles) -10:00 am
- 10K (6.37 miles) – 9:30 am
- Half marathon (13.12 miles) – 9:00 am
- 104.11 miles – 6:30 am (must be finished by 1:45 pm to receive lunch.)
- 62.3 miles – 7:00 am (must be finished by 1:45 pm to receive lunch.)
- 30.19 miles – 8:30 am
- 50.50 miles – 10:30 am
Support the Event, Support the Community.
Proudly brought to you by:
You Can Fundraise Like a Champion:
While not mandatory, every participant is encouraged to fundraise beyond the registration cost. After registering you will have access to set up a personal fundraising page for the event. Optionally at the bottom of this page there is a printable fundraising form. Be sure to share your story and who your favorite non profit is. Fundraising to gain extra votes has never been easier. For each additional $25 raised beyond the registration fee earns you another vote for your nonprofit!
About The Event:
The Bangor Area Challenge for Charities is an event where no matter what road you take, you will be joined by hundreds of people from around Maine who have the same passion as you do. To have an enjoyable time, achieve some athletic feats and to help their favorite nonprofit get the most votes for some potential funds!
This event is the brainchild of the Rotary Club of Bangor Breakfast. They wanted a fun summertime event where walkers, runners, cyclists and motorcyclist alike can have fun doing what they love.
- Online registration ends at
- In person, registration is open the day of the event from 6 to 8 am. Please note the start times of the routes.
Swag Bag (Packet) Pickup:
Packet pick up is how you receive your bib #, t-shirt, and other materials before event day. Any money you’ve raised can be turned in at that time. Turning in donations beforehand is encouraged in order to alleviate any wait time on event day. Registration is also available during these time.
Safety information can be found on each of the individual pages.
Your safety and enjoyment are our priority. In case of an emergency, please call the Event Safety number listed within the event packet or call 911.