The Bangor Area Challenge for Charities event offers something for people of all ages, interests and abilities.
- Walk: 1K, 5K, 10K
- Run: 5K, 10K and Half Marathon
- Bicycle Ride: 30, 60 & 100 miles
- Motorcycle Ride: 60 miles
- Virtual Participant: Can’t make it to the event? Raise funds remotely.
- Volunteer: There are many opportunities to volunteer before, during, and after the event.
Date of Event:
Location (Start & End):
Registration fees – (the last day to get an event t-shirt included with your registration is )
- Walk – Youth $25, Adult $35
- Run – Youth $25, Adult $35
- Cyclist – Youth $50, Adult $75
- Motorcyclist – Adult Only $35
- Virtual – Youth $15, Adult $25
Registering as either a participant or volunteer is really easy. Click a button below to learn more.
Event Day Schedule:
- 1K (0.72 miles) -11:00 am
- 5K (3.51 miles) -10:10 am
- 10K (6.37 miles) – 9:40 am
- 5K (3.51 miles) -10:00 am
- 10K (6.37 miles) – 9:30 am
- Half marathon (13.12 miles) – 9:00 am
- 104.11 miles – 6:30 am (must be finished by 1:45 pm to receive lunch.)
- 62.3 miles – 7:00 am (must be finished by 1:45 pm to receive lunch.)
- 30.19 miles – 8:30 am
- 50.50 miles – 10:30 am
Support the Event, Support the Community.
Proudly brought to you by:
You Can Fundraise Like a Champion:
While not mandatory, every participant is encouraged to fundraise beyond the registration cost. After registering you will have access to set up a personal fundraising page for the event. Optionally at the bottom of this page there is a printable fundraising form. Be sure to share your story and who your favorite non profit is. Fundraising to gain extra votes has never been easier. For each additional $25 raised beyond the registration fee earns you another vote for your nonprofit!
About The Event:
The Bangor Area Challenge for Charities is an event where no matter what road you take, you will be joined by hundreds of people from around Maine who have the same passion as you do. To have an enjoyable time, achieve some athletic feats and to help their favorite nonprofit get the most votes!
This event is the brainchild of the Rotary Club of Bangor Breakfast. They wanted a fun summertime event where walkers, runners, cyclists and motorcyclist alike can have fun doing what they love. There are 5 grand cash prizes available to the winning nonprofits. All nonprofits who get a minimum of 50 votes will automatically get $500. Any Maine nonprofit can participate.
- Online registration ends at
- In person, registration is open the day of the event from 6 to 8 am. Please note the start times of the routes.
Swag Bag (Packet) Pickup:
Packet pick up is how you receive your bib #, t-shirt, and other materials before event day. Any money you’ve raised can be turned in at that time. Turning in donations beforehand is encouraged in order to alleviate any wait time on event day. Registration is also available during these times.
Safety information can be found on each of the individual pages.
Your safety and enjoyment are our priority. In case of an emergency, please call the Event Safety number listed within the event packet or call 911.
The event will take place rain or shine (or snow, but we hope not since it’s June). In the case of severe weather conditions, it may be necessary to modify the days activities. If there is a need for changes, we will email all participants, sponsors and volunteers who have signed up at that time.
Bangor Area Challenge for Charities is a noncompetitive fundraising event and the primary goal is to raise funds for local area nonprofits. The event is not timed. However, if you wish to track your results, those participating are encouraged to use Strava. The Bangor Area Challenge for Charities has a Strava Club that you can join to see your results compared to others.
Registration fees and donations are non refundable and non transferable.
Service animals only.
There are 3 ways to vote.
- When you register to participate, there is a drop-down list with all participating nonprofits. This question is mandatory on registration. However, there is an “undecided” option. Those who choose undecided will have the chance to vote on event day upon checking in.
- Upon checking in at the registration desk on event day. We’ll have a list of all those who have not voted and will be asking them who they choose when they check in.
- Email us directly with your choice. [email protected]